Saturday, April 14, 2012

Wednesday, April 11 2012

With such a hectic Wednesday I just realized that this blog never got posted. But here is what was saved in my drafts.
It's in, my last and final proposal draft to Margaret. It along with all of the scholarships forms and now this last blog post. Its amazing how even with the prepcourse coming to a close how much I had taken for granted the wonder addition that it was to my under standing to what was up coming in the field. I want to outline some of the last thoughts that I have before I blog in the field concerning somethings that need to be resolved before I go. The first thing that I have been stressing out about is the fact that my IRB is not yet turned into the ORCA office. After the miscommunication as to what was expected from some people in the fieldstudy's department I wasnt able to submit my completed IRB proposal on time. It was rather a stressful time but now that the next deadline is coming up and I have gone through so much to correct and refine my current proposal I hope that I will still have a proposal that doesnt go full board.
I recognize the importance of the IRB and I hope that by tomorrow morning I can get submitted all of the documents that they need. One thing that I realized just the other day is the need that ill have to update my consent form on the IRB. It wasnt writen in a language that is probably that understandable in the first place due to the formatting that is on the ORCA website but it is helpful to note that its really just a form that I can re fill out with the few details that have changed in my proposal.
Also the situation of my visa and its approval is getting kinda grim. I know that I have to get the forms in soon and the consulate is being so slow to respond with my forms. I really hope that everything makes it on time.
I can't wait for the field. I know that the things that I experience and learn out there will be of serious help and use to me as I seek to define what it is that I am studying. As I now go to prepare for the final it will be my last real chance to incorporate what I have learned and prepare to use those techniques in the field.

No comments:

Post a Comment