Monday, March 12, 2012

Friday March 2 2012


I have spent some serious time in updating and adding some breadth to my rough draft of my IRB. I have been able to see some serious worth in analyzing to a Tee what it is that my peers and other students in the past have done. I feel that some of the instructions have not been very clearly declared and I have to look and look for examples from past students as to what I should do concerning the right way to fill out an IRB.
I have three major things that I need to do in order to make the IRB as concise and powerful as possible.
First, I need to have a clear background and significance when I submit my IRB. Ill be the first to admit that I didn't really understand what this section entailed until I sat down to write it the first time. 
Second, There needs to be a bit more policing of the terms that are used. The last thing that I want to happen is miscommunication of my intentions on the ground and this thing to not get approved.
Third, I recognize that the confidentiality and several other sections should be filled out to some great extent. I haven't been able to look at other people’s ideas for keeping records safe and how to handle the information that will be gathered. I need to spend some serious time on this section and move forward in declaring my intentions.

No comments:

Post a Comment