Friday, January 27, 2012

Friday, Jan 27 2012


I spent about an hour last night researching a new medical code, or document that I found to be very interesting. I stumbled upon it after following up on a comment made by rem. He wanted me to look into Ayurveda. Here is what I found.
After looking up the Wikipedia article I spent some time on the library's database searching for articles and sources for the Ayurveda and I came up with some interesting facts that might help with the thought process behind the type of research that I want to do.

The first thing I came across was a stat behind how many people practice the Ayurveda.

According to the Britannica Encyclopedia 80% of the Indian population practices the Ayurveda.

That seems like a very high percentage and some of the studies that have gone into the medical methodology seem to be ambiguous at best. I feel like if I were to parallel the use of modern medical perception next to a more traditional method and see what people do in regards the their health to stay health might be a good direction to go into for a more specific project.


No comments:

Post a Comment