Friday, January 13, 2012

Friday Jan 13 2012


The reason for this Blog is to track progress and thought processes on the road to the 2012 BYU India Field study that I will be going on this Spring and Summer Semester. As a student abroad I will be representing the University in carrying out a research project, which will be designed and carried along the way by me and a faculty mentor here at the school. I will use this Blog to track my thought process and to help me better associate myself with what it is that I want to do while abroad. 

The first thing that I recognize is that I am currently without a definite project idea. My first intention and the one thing that motivates me to want to carry out a research project is the desire that I have to reach the future goal of going to medical school and ultimately practicing medicine. I recognize that whatever kind of research I perform in India it must be based on the two following criteria,

1. I want to focus on helping people. This means that what ever type of research I end up doing, I want it to have meaning full impact on the people that will either use it in consideration of new or depend understandings of the people in Tamil Nadu. I want to carry out something that will ultimately help said individuals by increasing knowledge and understanding regarding their circumstances and place in life.
2. I want to have it focused in some way on something medical in nature. I plan on shadowing doctors and working closely with clinics in the region surrounding KG Chavadi. I know that defining something within these parameters might prove difficult at first but medicine is the overarching reason that I will use to guide my project while in the field.

This is my motivation and my drive comes from my sincere desire to do my best when attempting to serve those around me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment