Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Friday Feb 10 2012


Today is the second time that I have really looked into my literature review. I spent some serious time last night filing through notes and pages trying to decipher the meaning of all the different articles that I have come up with. I have come to recognize that the difference between what I want to do and what has already been done is a target age group. I struggle however with the direction in which I’m going to go when I’m on the ground. Steve and I have talked a lot about the methods that we need to use in order to reach the target audiences.
Some of our ideas are as follow;

-Spend significant time with the students at the various universities in Coimbatore.
A reason to stick around the different universities is to be around civilians that speak English. Hopefully we’ll be able to find enough students at the various universities to be able to gather some significant data as to the rising trends surrounding our topics of research. For example, I want to know what people’s perceptions are on the ground. What group is going to be more affected or pressured to utilize western medical care over the students that are studying the various academic disciplines lead so to more western practices of living.

-Utilize the position we have as university students from the US to pursued doctors and clinicians to let us interview them and when appropriate their patients;
I want to see what doctors think is appropriate in India as far as a patients medical options are considered. Do doctors allow their patients the option of choosing between traditional or western medicine? Or does the fact that the patient came to said doctor imply that they have already chosen their particular healthcare option.

No comments:

Post a Comment